Home/Support/Support Forum/linux framebuffer to lcd
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

linux framebuffer to lcd

0 votes
I'm running a program which uses linux frame buffer and I'm wondering what I might have to do to get it to show on the display. If I run the demo programs in the qt-embedded directory, they show up and work on the display with a plugged in mouse. (such as spreadsheet). But if I run my program, it should be displaying something but the LCD display shows what ever was last there. Do I have to do something special in my program or enable something in the kernel to get my application to display?

Also, if I wait a long time the display will go blank (sleep?). A demo like ex11ex will not turn the lcd back on but a qt program like spreadsheet will. How can I turn off the lcd sleep?
asked Jan 6, 2012 in Linux by strawbot New to the Community (1 point)
recategorized Nov 26, 2013 by Yeshas

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

0 votes
QT programs need a "server" task behind so as to run client applications. Or a client program itself can act like a server.

add "-qws" in argument lists.

eg: ./your_program -qws

You can add this in project properties.
answered Jan 9, 2012 by bobthomas13 Seasoned Professional (182 points)
0 votes
Thanks. I took a look through all the properties but nothing was obvious where to include command line arguments. Any hints?
answered Jan 10, 2012 by strawbot New to the Community (1 point)
0 votes
ahh im sorry.. it was in run/debug settings..
answered Jan 11, 2012 by bobthomas13 Seasoned Professional (182 points)