Home/Support/Support Forum/Uboot Lost on CCMX51 with Jump Start Kit
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Uboot Lost on CCMX51 with Jump Start Kit

0 votes
Hello,

I am currently working on a CCwimx51 with Jump Start Kit Rev D and linux solution.

I tried to mount mtdblock0 manualy with comman line : sudo mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 /media/mtdblock
I heard a little noise during mounting.

After that, Board was no more able to start. I think NAND flash has been formated and I have lost U-Boot.

I tried to start Board in serial downloader mode but with this revision of Jumpstart kit, there is no way to configure bootstrap and boot mode pins.

I have reed, in IMX51 Reference manual, that when no valid image is found, cpu automaticaly switch to serial downloader. But I never succeed to connect...
Is there a special serial configuration?
Is there commands or actions to do?
Is there locked fuses that makes serial download impossible?
Is there a solution to restart my board?

Thanx for help.

Pierre
asked Feb 11, 2011 in Linux by p.delvart_at_eurosonic.com New to the Community (1 point)
recategorized Dec 3, 2013 by tuxembb

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
Hi ,
According to my knowledge , 55001488-02 Rev A Development board is there. Could you please send the
Board number and software ISO image version (Like 40002739_A).
From where you got the IMX51 Reference manual ,you mentioned that "no valid image is found, cpu automaticaly switch to serial downloader" , could you please send the link for that document.
If you think that U-Boot lost , you have to contact nearest digi sales person, may be they can replace the development board.
It looks like U-Boot lost.

Waiting for your reply.

pigilam
answered Feb 14, 2011 by cpigilam Veteran of the Digi Community (655 points)
0 votes
Hello, and thanx for reply

I have contact my digi distributor who answers that, as long as board is early available, there is no way to make an replacement of base board...
So, I sent my board for reconditionning and wait...

thanx again

bye,

Pierre

PS : Reference manual MCIMX51RM
http://cache.freescale.com/files/dsp/doc/ref_manual/MCIMX51RM.pdf
Section 9.4.3 Serial Bootloader
answered Feb 18, 2011 by p.delvart_at_eurosonic.com New to the Community (1 point)