Apparently when I posted it was connected:
I double checked my.idigi.com - and the device is not provisioned there (I quick added, then removed it. If a device is allocated to someone's account on the server, it fails the add I think). I then double checked developer.idigi.com, and found the device ID allocated under a test account, but never connected to the server. I removed the device from the server.
Hopefully now if you try to add the device to your account, it will go through.
Once I added, I received an error that configuring the device failed. (Screen attached, I hope).
I think this is a known issue as it happens with the X2 as well, but thought maybe it is worth noting that it is still present with X2e. Anyway, it is attached to my account now but will not connect.