Home/Support/Support Forum/XBee Series 2 Programming Arduino Wirelessly

XBee Series 2 Programming Arduino Wirelessly

0 votes
Hello,

I have recently ordered two XBee adapter kits and Series 2 XBees in hopes of wirelessly programming an arduino as instructed in the following tutorial: link
I have followed the instructions, and set up both the transmitter and receiver (including reset circuit) as mentioned. Instead of blinking green LEDs, I have solid green and no red lighting. I understand this could be a difference between series of XBees. When I connect both XBees to X-CTU via FTDI cable and the adapter, they can communicate with the modem properly. However when I implement the adapter kit to the circuit with the arduino, I can not connect to the receiving Xbee through the Arduino usb cable as I would think I should be able to. I get an Action Required box that says it is unable to communicate with modem. Verify com port selection and then (for XBEEs) hold the reset button to try again.
I have not been able to run a range test, and the instructions for testing/debugging/or even what type of arduino sketch I should be running are not specified. Could anyone verify that this is the correct procedure to this point and maybe elaborate on how I can debug from this point?

**I am aware of the baud rate. From the tutorial, it specifies that if the Arduino is newer, to run 57600. This is consistent with both XBees.

Thank you
asked Jun 17, 2013 in RF Solutions and XBee by sgicka New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.