Home/Support/Support Forum/How to change XBee PRO packet structure to conform to 802.15.4 specifications

How to change XBee PRO packet structure to conform to 802.15.4 specifications

0 votes
Hi,

when I send a packet with XBee PRO containing a string 'HELLO WORLD', it has (when captured by a sniffer) the following structure:

61 88 00 34 12 34 12 12 12 01 00 48 45 4c 4c 4f 00 57 4f 52 4c 44

the first 9 bytes create the header and the last 11 bytes are the payload (the above mentioned string) and the two middle bytes are added by the XBee module during packetization - first is a sequential number (second one - there is a SEQ counter in the third byte - as specified by 802.15.4) and the second is always NULL. Since acording to IEEE specification, these bytes are part of the payload, I would like to be able to send a packet without them - my question is: is there a way to get rid of them (i.e. force the XBee module not to include them in a packet during packetization process)?
I can, of course, parse the packet on the recieving end (CC2530) to get to the payload itself but it would mean that I wouldn't be able to use certain embedded functions without modifying them...
asked Jul 12, 2013 in IEEE 802.15.4 by gobriw New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Are you using API frame maker to generate the frame?
Use the following link to generate the packet, ftp://ftp1.digi.com/support/utilities/digi_apiframes2.htm and see if you run into similar issue again.
answered Aug 1, 2013 by 16ksa23 Veteran of the Digi Community (426 points)