Home/Support/Support Forum/Garbled serial output connect me 9210
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Garbled serial output connect me 9210

0 votes
Hi, I'm using the Digi Connect ME 9210 and what to use the serial port as to input/output to the ethernet. I have managed to write the network side but am struggling with the serial side. When I output anything on the serial is comes out corrupted, presumably because it is still acting as a console. I've researched disabling the console but I can't seem to find the files or entries referred to. Could anyone please give me a pointer to the process? Many thanks.
asked Aug 19, 2013 in Linux by dpiddington New to the Community (11 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+1 vote
By default Serial port A is enabled as UART. You can find the information on enabling the serial console, under the DigiESP help section "Devices and Interfaces" Serial kernel enabling on 9.22.2. Also the section 9.22.3 Managing the serial ports from user space. Hope this helps.
answered Aug 19, 2013 by Campbell Veteran of the Digi Community (552 points)
0 votes
Hi, Campbell, thanks for the quick response. I'm working my way through the doc at the moment but am only at section 7. Maybe I should have read it all first before playing with the device. Cheers.
answered Aug 20, 2013 by dpiddington New to the Community (11 points)