Home/Support/Support Forum/Can anyone provide the commands to interface the rabbit 4000 processor with an external device?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Can anyone provide the commands to interface the rabbit 4000 processor with an external device?

0 votes
asked Sep 24, 2013 in Embedded Devices by AISWARYA RAJ New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
Hello, There is a technical note "Designing with rabbit core module" at the below link.

http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/0220118_a.pdf

Are you looking for this info?

May I know ,What exactly do you want to interface external device with the rabbit 4000?

Thanks.
answered Sep 24, 2013 by cpigilam Veteran of the Digi Community (655 points)
Actually , I am new to this platform.I wanted to interface an FPGA to my rabbit processor RCM4000.I need to know the commands to be followed to access data from the FPGA memory,write it in my processor memory ,then read  it and sent via a network....can u pls help me in this...
0 votes
In the RCM4000 Users manual I found:
Parallel Port A can also be used as an external I/O data bus to isolate external I/O from the
main data bus. Parallel Port B pins PB2–PB7 can also be used as an auxiliary address bus.
When using the auxiliary I/O bus for any reason, you must add the following line at the
beginning of your program.
#define PORTA_AUX_IO // required to enable auxiliary I/O bus. I am attaching some info and a sample for the Rabbit 4000.
answered Sep 24, 2013 by MargaretK Veteran of the Digi Community (545 points)
can you provide some samples regarding MEMWR ,MEMWR, IOWR ,IORD.pls.