I'm just curious as to whether anyone can shed some new light on this topic. I'm having similar troubles with a pair of Xbee ZB Pro S2B programmable modules.
I've made some minor edits to a few of the sample programs provided in the SDK, and was hoping to configure the xbee uart for 9600 baud, but at that rate it just enters the same reboot loop linuxparty was experiencing. The apps work just fine at other baud rates, but not 9600.
I was hoping to ultimately use these xbees to wirelessly communicate with a Persistor CF2 mini computer, which under current configuration would prefer to talk at 9600.
EDIT: I forgot to mention, I've tried this with the sample apps as is, unaltered except to change the uart baud to 9600 in config.xml and the same issue occurs.