Home/Support/Support Forum/Digi Connect WAN 3G How to set up transmission of serial data from one to multiple receivers with fixed mobile IPs?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Digi Connect WAN 3G How to set up transmission of serial data from one to multiple receivers with fixed mobile IPs?

0 votes
We have 20 Digi modems (Connect WAN 3G) and 20 mobile sim cards with fixed mobile IP addresses. We have serial device outputting short text string every second. We would like to transmit this string to 19 other modems to have it outgoing from serial ports.
What I’ve managed so far is to establish communication between two modems (one is sending and the other one is receiving the data string) based on TCP protocol. When it comes to two or more receivers I don’t see a possibility to assign more than one IP address to send to on transmitting DIGI. It looks like interface for UDP protocol is more suitable for our target: there we can set up as many receiver’s IPs as we like, but I had no luck with getting it working via UDP.
So, the problems remains unsolved however hard I’ve tried.
Any help of Yours would be very much appreciated
Thank You in advance
Alex
asked Apr 7, 2014 in Digi Connect Cellular by alte New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Alex,

I can see 2 ways to do this:
configure the digi wan to forward it's serial data using UDP. You would need to designate the other 19 digis IP addersses as UDP 'targets'. I'm not entirely sure this would work though. UDP isn't routable and I don't know if the cell network would route it.

The other way would be to have a python application that listens for serial data and then forwards it to 19 different TCP sockets.
answered Apr 10, 2014 by kjensen8 Veteran of the Digi Community (623 points)
How to get a python application