Home/Support/Support Forum/Setting software flow control for modem on Digi Passport Console Server
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Setting software flow control for modem on Digi Passport Console Server

0 votes
We need to change some of the settings on the modem our Passport 16-port Integrated Console Server. The settings for the console ports need to stay the same. But we need to change the settings for the modem.

When I log(ssh) into the passport and look around, I see a couple of different things.

I can do a "ps -ef | grep modem", and get the pid of the csm.modem process. When I do a cat of the process via /proc/[pid]/cmdline, I see that the csm.modem process was called as such:

/bin/csm.modem-p9009-dttyS1-b230400-iqle0s0=6&d0-f2-P

One of the things I need to try is getting a software based flow control. That would mean flipping that "-f2" to a "-f1" (based upon /bin/csm.modem --help).

I also see the existence of /etc/ppp/options file, which would allow for the change of the crtcts setting to xonxoff.

How can I change these flags so that we can properly test the flow control?
asked Jun 2, 2014 in Console Servers by jasonmclose New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.