Home/Support/Support Forum/Install Realport driver on Real Time Linux running on ARM cortex A9 CPU based Controller
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Install Realport driver on Real Time Linux running on ARM cortex A9 CPU based Controller

0 votes
I have a NI compactRio-9068 controller with ARM Cortex A9 CPU and runs with NI Real Time Linux kernel: 3.2.35-rt52-1.0.0f1. This specific Linux kernel is from Angstrom distribution and has OPKG as package manager in place of standard RPM.

I would like to use Digi PortServer TS 8 for new project. I checked the Digi online support page where drivers for various Linux distributions are provided but those are not directly applicable for my kernel. I am looking for some guidance about how to install Realport driver on this controller.

Anybody has any experience with installing Realport drivers/module on embedded real time linux platform? I would guess, I will have to recompile driver package.

Also I am not sure if Realport driver/SW works on ARM architecture.
asked Jul 31, 2014 in Realport by wilfredg123 New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Unfortunately, the Digi RealPort driver is not supported on real-time kernels.
answered Aug 1, 2014 by userid0 Veteran of the Digi Community (2,158 points)