Home/Support/Support Forum/TS 4 MEI Modem emulation
New and improved user forum site going live on 12/6 (All users will need to reset their password when the new forum is active)
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

TS 4 MEI Modem emulation

0 votes
I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 connected to a PortServer TS 4 MEI. Currently, I have one port on the TS 4 configured as a RealPort and it works flawlessly. I'm trying to now configure a second port for modem emulation. However, I cannot seem correctly configure the modem connection on the server to the correct ports. I want to use the Windows Fax Service to recognize the modem. When setting up the Fax Service it asks for a modem to be installed, but only recognized COM1 as an available port. The PortServer creates a Fax Modem on COM4. Even when I uninstall both the modem and the COM port, if I scan for hardware changes, COM4 is reinstalled. If I manually install a modem, it will only recognize COM1. Fax service will not recognize the Fax Modem on COM4. Also, when choosing drivers for the modem, I do not have an option for TS 4. I've downloaded the only drivers available from digi.com/support.
asked Aug 7, 2014 in Portserver TS by cstanley1543 New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
It sounds like you need to disable the native port(COM1) in the BIOS and re-number the Digi COM ports as you like.

http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl?id=618
answered Aug 27, 2014 by userid0 Veteran of the Digi Community (2,158 points)