Home/Support/Support Forum/Wi-i.mx53 Yocto 1.4.1 fails to build applying 0001-gst-fsl-plugin-update-to-DEL-revision.patch
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Wi-i.mx53 Yocto 1.4.1 fails to build applying 0001-gst-fsl-plugin-update-to-DEL-revision.patch

0 votes
I'm trying to build Yocto 1.4.1 for the Wi.i.MX53js and get an error during the build applying the patch 0001-gst-fsl-plugin-update-to-DEL-revision.patch. I was able to build Yocto 1.4.1 previously using a local copy of the repo that was pulled a few months ago but I had to reformat and pull the most recent version. Pulling the Yocto 1.4.0 repo produces the same error.

Log file output shows:
NOTE: Applying patch '0001-gst-fsl-plugin-update-to-DEL-revision.patch' (/usr/local/dey-1.4.1/sources/meta-digi/meta-digi-dey/recipes-multimedia/gst-plugins/gst-fsl-plugin-2.0.3/0001-gst-fsl-plugin-update-to-DEL-revision.patch)
ERROR: Command Error: exit status: 1 Output:
Applying patch 0001-gst-fsl-plugin-update-to-DEL-revision.patch
patching file Makefile.am
patching file configure
patching file configure.ac
patching file libs/me/TimeStamp.c
patching file src/audio/aac_dec/src/mfw_gst_aacdec.c
patching file src/audio/aacplus_dec/src/mfw_gst_aacplusdec.c
patching file src/audio/mp3_dec/src/mfw_gst_mp3dec.c
patching file src/audio/mp3_dec/src/mfw_gst_mp3dec.h
patching file src/audio/vorbis_dec/src/mfw_gst_vorbisdec.c
patching file src/misc/v4l_sink/src/mfw_gst_v4l_buffer.c
patching file src/misc/v4l_sink/src/mfw_gst_v4lsink.c
patching file src/parser/aiur/src/aiurdemux.c
patching file src/video/mpeg4asp_dec/src/mfw_gst_mpeg4asp_dec.c
patching file src/video/vpu_dec.full/src/mfw_gst_vpu_decoder.c
File tools/gplay/gplay_header.tgz: git binary diffs are not supported.
patching file tools/gplay/mfw_gplay.c
patching file tools/gplay/mfw_gplay_core.c
patching file tools/gplay/mfw_gplay_core.h
Patch 0001-gst-fsl-plugin-update-to-DEL-revision.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)
DEBUG: Python function patch_do_patch finished
DEBUG: Python function do_patch finished
ERROR: Function failed: patch_do_patch
asked Aug 19, 2014 in Embedded Devices by ryan.nickel New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer
This is a problem introduced by a distribution update.

It builds fine for distributions which use a version of patch <= 2.6.1. All distributions listed on the sanity tested distros in sources/meta-digi/meta-digi-dey/conf/distro/dey.conf should work, assuming they have not been upgraded afterwards.

That's why the problem has not been detected by Digi build servers which run on Ubuntu 12.04, which was the reference distribution at the time of the dey-1.4 release.

Versions of patch > 2.6.1 introduced a check for patches which include git binary files. It applies them correctly ignoring the binary files but returns an exit status of 1 which causes yocto to set the patch operation as failed.

I enclose a reworked patch for 0001-gst-fsl-plugin-update-to-DEL-revision.patch [1] removing the deletion of a binary file. This was an unused tgz file which was removed as part of a cleanup.

Although I don't expect issues with the enclosed patch, I would recommend to use a supported distribution or wait for a new hotfix release.

Please report any problems in using the patch.

[1] http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=hYngNaeE
answered Aug 28, 2014 by alexgg Community Contributor (71 points)
selected Aug 28, 2014 by LeonidM
0 votes
I have the same iusse.
Can somebody help us?

This is my build configuration:
Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION = "1.18.0"
BUILD_SYS = "x86_64-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING = "SUSE-LINUX-12.2"
TARGET_SYS = "arm-dey-linux-gnueabi"
MACHINE = "ccimx53js"
DISTRO = "dey"
DISTRO_VERSION = "1.4.1"
TUNE_FEATURES = "armv7a vfp neon"
TARGET_FPU = "vfp-neon"
answered Aug 27, 2014 by Christian Scherer New to the Community (2 points)
0 votes
I got the build to complete by removing the reference to the patch that was causing the error. I have NOT done any verification that the build actually works on the hardware using this method.

From the file (replace dey-1.4.0 with your directory):
/usr/local/dey-1.4.0/sources/meta-digi/meta-digi-dey/recipes-multimedia/gst-plugins/gst-fsl-plugin_2.0.3.bbappend

Remove the line:
file://0001-gst-fsl-plugin-update-to-DEL-revision.path \

Try the build again.
answered Aug 27, 2014 by ryan.nickel New to the Community (2 points)