Home/Support/Support Forum/Xbee s2 API communication problem

Xbee s2 API communication problem

0 votes
I have 2 modules xbee XB24-Z7SIT-004,one connected to an Arduino UNO connected to a pc(win 7) whit a blank sketch and the other connected to a Raspberry PI type A. I tried to send strings by serial uart terminal in AT mode,setting Coordinator AT and Router At,destination addresses,pan id etc. and all works fine,but when I set their firmware to coordinator API and router API and try to send a hex string for test to one module in local,I receive no response. I tried for both modules whit this string "7E 00 04 08 01 4E 4A 0D" that is the command "node join" that should send back to me the node join date but none of them respond
asked Aug 21, 2014 in RF Solutions and XBee by Gianmarco New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
The NJ parameter does not respond with a date. Try using the ID parameter or the ND parameter instead.
answered Aug 21, 2014 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (15,282 points)
selected Aug 28, 2014 by Gianmarco
I tried,but as I said before the main problem is that both modules seems that can't read the frames that I send to them and I get no response
Are you able to enter AT command mode by issuing +++ ? That is, do you get an OK back when you send the +++?
Yes,but in order to do so I have to change to AT mode rewriting the firmware whit XCTU
The question was not for you to change the firmware and test but to test with the code that was on the radio to verify you are running API code.  Make sure that you are using Non Escaped API mode and not Escaped. It does make a differences on what the API frame needs to look like.  You should also be using the Assemble packet and Hex option to send the API frame.
NOW I get some response : the problem was that I didn't know of the "Assemble packet option", now i get with the ID command "7E 00 0D 88 01 49 44 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 19 95 3B",thanks for all your support!