Home/Support/Support Forum/Can't upload certificates into wi-sp 16M when trying to join 802.1x wifi network.
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Can't upload certificates into wi-sp 16M when trying to join 802.1x wifi network.

0 votes
We have a wpa2 enterprise wifi network, and i m trying to get this Digi connect WI-SP 16M device joining our network.

I noticed that there are no wpa2 enterprise option, no AES option on setup page. from available options, i guess [WPA with 802.1x authentication ] + [ccmp] = wap2 enterprise ?

Also all wireless devices we have here are using EAP-TLS certificates to join the network. when i trying to upload the certificates into WI-SP device, it shows me [password wrong or wrong certificate format.] I m sure the password for provide key is right, so the reason could be the format of certificate. I could not find any information about what kind of certificates this WI-SP support? All certificates we ve been using so for for all our wirless devices (Android, iOS, Windows,Wyse) are exported from Windows. I tried using der.cer or base_64.cer certificates with .pfx private key, non of it works. funny thing is for CA certificate, i uploaded the der.cer file with no error.....

Does any one has the same issue or any idea please?
asked Oct 1, 2014 in Digi Connect Cellular by ROBERTY New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
It appears the following wireless security protocols are supported with this product:

• WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)
- 64/128-bit encryption (RC4)
• WPA/WPA2/802.11i
- 128-bit TKIP/CCMP
encryption
- 802.1X EAP authentication
° Dynamic WEP, LEAP (WEP
only), PEAP, EAP-TLS,
EAP-TTLS
° PEAP/MSCHAPv2,
PEAP/TLS, PEAP/GTC,
PEAP/OTP, PEAP/MD5,
EAP-TTLS/EAP-MD5,
EAP-TTLS/EAP-GTC,
EAP-TTLS/EAP-OTP,
EAP-TTLS/EAP-MSCHAPv2,
EAP-TTLS/EAP-TLS,
EAP-TTLS/MSCHAPv2,
EAP-TTLS/MSCHAP,
EAP-TTLS/PAP,
EAP-TTLS/CHAP
answered Oct 13, 2014 by userid0 Veteran of the Digi Community (2,158 points)