Home/Support/Support Forum/I can't use DIO line passing on xbp24-Z7SIT-004J, is it normal?

I can't use DIO line passing on xbp24-Z7SIT-004J, is it normal?

0 votes
Hello

I've configured a few XB24-ASI-001 (one as coordinator, 3 as endpoint). On the coordinator I've got a signal on pin20 and when it changes it sends a signal to the other endpoints , which makes it activate pin20 aswell. (using digital inputs and digital outputs)

It was rather easy, a few options and I had exactly what I needed, a signal relayed from one xbee to the other 3 so I could turn on a flashing light somewhere far.

I did have an issue, the signal strenght wasn't good enough and it wouldn't always work, even with high gain antennas.

I so decided to buy a high power extended range xbee: XBP24-Z7SIT-004J.

To my surprise, settings weren't the same at all. I've been toying for a few days with firmwares and settings but I cannot manage to use what seems to be "Line passing" (relaying a high/low pin to other xbees).

I've gone thru google and datasheets many times, and it seems it could be that this series 2 pro xbee doesn't have that option, to relay a digital input on one xbee to a digital output onto the others.

Is it possible? Am I doing something wrong?

If it's not possible to do that with this xbee, is there any high power long range xbee I can use with RP-SMA connector to add my high gain antenna?

Thanks so much in advance for whoever reads this, and have a good day.

ps: I'm using AT command mode (AT coordinator and AT router/endpoint), and I've managed to establish communication using XCTU's console. It's just the other thing that doesn't work.
asked Oct 28, 2014 in XBee Programmable Development by jule1k New to the Community (3 points)
edited Oct 28, 2014 by jule1k

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer
That is correct. The XBee ZB modules you are using do NOT support DIO line passing like the XBee 802.15.4 nodules do.
answered Oct 28, 2014 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (11,302 points)
selected Oct 28, 2014 by jule1k
+1 vote
XB24-ASI-001 is an XBee 802.15.4 Series 1 module. XBP24-Z7SIT-004J is XBee-PRO ZB S2B module.

These modules use different types of firmware and run two different types of networks and are not compatible with each other.

See this link for a detailed explanation of the differences between the two http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl?id=2213.

There are extended range Series 1 modules. See this link http://www.digi.com/products/wireless-wired-embedded-solutions/zigbee-rf-modules/point-multipoint-rfmodules/xbee-series1-module#models.
answered Oct 28, 2014 by trooper2 Veteran of the Digi Community (589 points)
edited Oct 28, 2014 by trooper2
Thanks for your time, kind of a disappointment  but it's ok I guess, I will find another use for them with some MCU. Have a good day all of you.