Home/Support/Support Forum/Prevent the single binary code used in different rcm2000.
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Prevent the single binary code used in different rcm2000.

0 votes
I want to sell the binary code in a file format .bin to my customers. How can I make a binary code can only be used in single rcm2000 and can not be used by another rcm2000?

Do rcm2000 have hardware id, which can distinguish between a rcm2000 with other rcm2000 and hardware id is read only, can not be written. Thanks.
asked Feb 13, 2015 in Rabbit Software by edha Community Contributor (71 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer
I don't know if the RCM2000 has any unique ID in the FLASH memory - it doesn't have an Ethernet interface so there is no MAC to store but you could try running the Samples\UserBlock\idblock_report.c program to see if there is a serial number or other unique identifier in the idblock.

Regards,
Peter
answered Feb 13, 2015 by petermcs Veteran of the Digi Community (1,130 points)
selected Feb 18, 2015 by edha
Thank you for point out.
+1 vote
You could store a unique number in the IDblock, have your code check that and only run on the core that has that unique number
answered Feb 17, 2015 by MargaretK Veteran of the Digi Community (545 points)
Thanks for advice. Storing a unique number in IDblock works if the assumptions binary files already downloaded on to rcm2000 and I sell binary with rcm2000, but when I sell only binary file without rcm2000, then the buyer can easily download single binary file to others rcm2000 with the same unique number.