Home/Support/Support Forum/Digi Connect WAN 3G VPN enabled router keeps freezing up
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Digi Connect WAN 3G VPN enabled router keeps freezing up

0 votes
Hi,

Back in 2012 I was provided with a Firmware update for a number of Digi Connect WAN 3G VPN enabled routers we were using around London. The Firmware version provided was 82001532_K1

This Firmware update was provided by Digi in an attempt to resolve a reoccurring freezing error we were seeing on all the routers. The units would stop working at random (but normally within 24 hrs) and the only way to get them working again is to manually power them off, and back on again.

Looking on the Digi website there is a version of Firmware 82001537_G.bin

Do you think this is an update of the Firmware we are currently using, and advise whether you think it might be worth trying in order to solve our problem?

Alternatively, has anyone seen this problem with units of their own, and could possible advise what they did in order to stop it happening?

Many thanks,

James Rocha
asked Mar 4, 2015 in Digi Connect Cellular by james.rocha New to the Community (3 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hi James,

82001537_G.bin and 82001532_K1 are different firmwares for different products (or perhaps different variants of similar products). We can determine this because the numbers (82001537 vs. 82001532) are different. If this was the same firmware for the same product, but a different version, the only thing different would be the letter (revision) at the end.

It looks like the latest revision for 82001532 is N3 (filename 82001532_N3.bin).

Here's the download link, if you want to apply it to your unit and see if that helps:

http://ftp1.digi.com/support/firmware/82001532_N3.bin

IMPORTANT:

Before updating the firmware,, make sure your POST is up-to-date. You should see the POST version in the Firmware Update section of the Web UI. It should either be 82001537_x or 82001753_x (where x is a letter). If it's 82001537_G or 82001753_K then you're good-to-go, otherwise if it's older (a lower letter) then update it first, using the appropriate file below (whatever number matches).

http://ftp1.digi.com/support/firmware/82001537_G.bin
http://ftp1.digi.com/support/firmware/82001753_K.bin

Although I don't think it's required, if you update the POST, go ahead and reboot the unit afterwards, before updating the firmware (EOS).

I hope this all makes sense!
answered Mar 4, 2015 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,673 points)
Thanks for getting back to me. I think I must have been looking at the Firmware for the Digi Connect without VPN functionality.

I'll download and give this Firmware you've linked to a go. Do you think the problems I'm seeing could be related to a Firmware issue, or do you think something else could be the root of the issue?

Regards.

James.
It's tough to say for sure if this is a firmware issue.  It would depend on what firmware versions you're running on all of the units, and if they're all older (and assume that it's been fixed in newer firmware).  As a rule of thumb, it's good to update firmwares to the latest version, in case it's a bug that's been fixed, so I think this is a good starting point.  Since the issue is affecting multiple units, it seems likely to me that the cause of the issue is not defective hardware (that would be more unlikely the more units you have) and likely something else like a bug perhaps in firmware.