Home/Support/Support Forum/XBee-PRO DigiMesh S1

XBee-PRO DigiMesh S1

0 votes
Hello everybody,

I'm trying to configure these XBee-PRO DigiMesh S1 modules to communicate point-to-point in transparent mode (AT). I have configured max power and destination addresses. Both are as standard routers.

Using XCTU I can communicate within the console and do the test range with 100% success. However, when I put it to replace a serial communication working at 115200, 10bytes are sent every 25ms. I can not get a reliable communication, I am losing many packages on the receiver module.

Is this a problem of configuration? What can I do?

Thanks.
asked Mar 4, 2015 in DigiMesh Proprietary Mesh Networking by hotring New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
No, there is not an issue with the configurtion so much as it is you are over loading the system. You see Mesh is not designed for streming data over a point to point connection at high speeds. Mesh is designed for sending Small amounts of data every once in a while where Large Latencies can be supported.

For what you are doing, I would suggest loading the 802.15.4 firmware back on the two modules. Configure them as you have done here for point to point communications but also use hardware flow control. I think you will be much happier with your results.
answered Mar 5, 2015 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (15,193 points)