Home/Support/Support Forum/Interpreting message type 0xA1 when numAddr=0 or hop=0x0000

Interpreting message type 0xA1 when numAddr=0 or hop=0x0000

0 votes
I am processing API message 0xA1 (route record indicator) and need help interpreting two different things:

1. What does it mean when the numAddresses is 0?

2. What does it mean when numAddresses is 1 but the hop is 0x0000 ?

Based on the proximity of the devices, the real situation should be "direct" for both. The odd thing is that I see this coming from the same coordinator on a periodic basis. It's just that sometimes the message changes from 0 addresses to 1 (with 0x0000 as the only hop).

--Chris
asked Mar 12, 2015 in ZigBee PRO Featureset (and legacy ZNet 2.5) by wz2b New to the Community (48 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
Maybe you should provide the API frame you are getting and indicated which XBee product and firmware you are working with?
answered Mar 27, 2015 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (15,156 points)
0 votes
I tried to ask pretty specific questions so that I didn't have to confuse things with pages of hex messages. Really what I'm asking for is documentation clarification on a couple of the message formats.

My questions were:

1. If you receive an 0xA1 message (route discovery) with a no addresses, examples notwithstanding, does that imply "direct to coordinator?"

2. Is 0x0000 ALWAYS the coordinator per ZB spec?

The manual 90000976_V page 145 makes reference to Table 1-03 in Chapter 1, but I don't know what that references - there is no Table 1-03 that I can find (at least they aren't labeled). I'm not sure if they mean a different manual.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm full of praise for this documentation - there's just a few things here and there that are a bit open-ended... and examples of some of the AT frames as they come back in API format would be extraordinarily helpful. Even the X-CTU tool tends to take things like what I pasted above and dump the meaty part out as a string of hex digits that I have to interpret myself.

I'll ask a more specific follow-up question on ND packets shortly.
answered Mar 29, 2015 by wz2b New to the Community (48 points)