Home/Support/Support Forum/xbeee s2 getting frames problems
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

xbeee s2 getting frames problems

0 votes
Thanks for help in advance
I use 3 XBEE s2 (zigbee) with my manipulation (coordinator, rotor, End device) in default configuration
I have problem with my broadcast mode, I get the frames same late in my rotor and End Device
asked Apr 8, 2015 in Digi TransPort Cellular by bassem New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
How frequently are you sending broadcasts? The XBee can only handle a certain number of broadcasts in a given period and when it hits the limit additional broadcasts will be delayed or fail until existing broadcasts expire.

A workaround is to unicast to each device (which is more work but doesn't have the same limitation) or restructure your application to use fewer broadcasts.

Broadcasts are also problematic with End Devices depending on how frequently they wake up, especially if you are using more than one End Device.
answered Apr 12, 2015 by jlovinger Veteran of the Digi Community (421 points)
0 votes
HI
Thank you for your answer
i send a frames from coordinator in 1 frame in second bat i have same late in reception end device.
we don't have a configuration solution for this problem ?
Xbee s2 Zigbee transmission
answered Apr 13, 2015 by bassem New to the Community (2 points)
The TTL for broadcasts is 8 seconds and I believe once a second will begin to hit the resource limit. You might test if this is the problem by temporarily slowing your message transmission (try once every 8 seconds) and seeing if that resolves the timing issues. Can increase later as needed with testing.

The broadcast limit is due to finite resources on the XBee radio and can't be changed. You really only have a couple options if its the problem.

1) Adjust your application to require less frequent updates so you don't hit the broadcast limit.
2) Switch to unicasts that don't consume limited broadcast resources.