Home/Support/Support Forum/x86 Linux XCTU 6.2
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

x86 Linux XCTU 6.2

0 votes
Has anyone been able to successfully launch XCTU 6.2 natively in Linux with an x86 32bit cpu? While I think its fantastic that Digi is supporting Linux with XCTU, I just haven't be able to get it to run. I've be able to install the .run file but launching the application does nothing. I've tried Kubuntu 14.04.2, trying Fedora 21-5 next.
asked May 26, 2015 in Feedback/Wish List by 38OJP New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Assuming you accepted the defaults during the installation, you should be able to run the application from a Desktop/XWindow terminal session with the following command:

/opt/Digi/XCTU-NG/app
answered May 29, 2015 by userid0 Veteran of the Digi Community (2,158 points)
I have posted exactly the same problem in a Mint thread as I thought there might be some answers there.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=197437

As you can see in that thread, I have to run the code placed within Exec= to get a workable GUI. Running ./app does nothing but bring up a grey box with 'app' on the top.

I am not sure but I think that the Path explicit in XCTU.desktop may need adjusting to include the .gtkrc-eclipse file? or something to that affect because double-clicking the XCTU.desktop icon (or even running it from terminal as executable) does the same thing as running ./app
The "{Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly.Error writing file /root/Desktop/XCTU.desktop}" error indicates the /root/Desktop folder did not exist.

On subsequest attempts to run the application, were you running it as root?  If installing the application as root, the are issues executing it later as a non-root user.  You might want to consider uninstalling the application (/opt/Digi/XCTU-NG/uninstall) and re-installing as a non-root user.