Home/Support/Support Forum/ZigBee Xbee S2 Mesh troubles router doesn't repeat incoming data

ZigBee Xbee S2 Mesh troubles router doesn't repeat incoming data

0 votes
Good day!!

I've configured my ZigBee mesh net with 3 nodes:

A: ZB Coordinator in API 1 mode
B: ZB Router in AT mode
C: ZB Router in AT mode with a temp. sensor (act as sensor node)

All nodes have the same PAN ID
B and C nodes have DH and DL =0
A node have DH=0 and DL=FFFF

A and C can communicate between each other, but when the distance is bigger, they need to B node to repeat (router only) the data, but this is not working!!!

I've tried a lot of config but no have the solution...

T.A.L.
asked May 27, 2015 in ZigBee PRO Featureset (and legacy ZNet 2.5) by anairo New to the Community (3 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
Are you able to see all three nodes with a Node Discovery? Is the Sensor Nodes SM value set to 0 or some other value?
answered May 29, 2015 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (11,302 points)
selected Jun 2, 2015 by anairo
Yes,
yes, I am able to see the tree nodes in node and net discovery
SM in all nodes is seted to 0

Many thanks !!
Try following the directions located at http://knowledge.digi.com/articles/Knowledge_Base_Article/Range-Testing-with-a-ZigBee-Mesh-Network. That is leave node 2 off and move Node3 till you are just out of range. Then move back.  When you get a good connection, power up node 3 and leave it at this spot.  Then move Node 2 back away again.  You should see the connection break for a min or so and then start back up as it finds a new rout.
I'd tried that before, but maybe need to restart the process again and check what is wrong ... I'll try and then reply to you....
Many thanks
Finally!, the network is working properly!!!!

The config setting at this moment is:

>>>Coordinator Node (C):
Firmaware: ZigBee Coordinator API 1
PAN ID:1234
DH: 0
DL: FFFF
AO: Explicit [1]

>>>Router Node (R1):
Firmaware: ZigBee Router AT
DL: 0
JV:1

>>>End Point Sensor Node (S1):
Firmaware: ZigBee Router/End Device IO
DL: 0
IC:2

S1 node (sensor), can send directly to C node an IO Sample Message, when a digital IO input change is detected, (low to high or viceverse on some input pin like DIO1).

When S1 is far away to reach the C node, this node (C, coordinator), discover a new route across the R1 node (Router), then S1 is able to sending the data to router and this one repeated the signal to the Coordinator.

Thats all

Many thanks :)