Home/Support/Support Forum/Add a delay between waking from sleep and taking a sensor readingÉ

Add a delay between waking from sleep and taking a sensor readingÉ

0 votes
Hi All;

I have progressed with my project, I now have an xbee remote sensor that takes three analog readings, sleeps a minute, and takes readings again.

I updated my breadboard so that the sleep indicator pin now runs through a transistor to control power to my temp, light, and moisture sensors. My light and moisture readings are good, but my (TMP36) temp sensor is reading 0 unless I plug it back into constant power. I assume the sensor needs some time between power being applied and a reading being provided, is there a way to configure the Xbee to wait a period of time before it takes a reading and sends me the data sample frame?
asked Jun 24, 2015 in ZigBee PRO Featureset (and legacy ZNet 2.5) by MHillyer New to the Community (4 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
No, there is not a direct AT command you can issue that will hold off on when it samples data but you can issue a remote AT command instead to sample the data. That requires the radio to send a request before it gets the IR request. Which then allow for some delay.
answered Jun 26, 2015 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (15,355 points)