Home/Support/Support Forum/getting RSSI from Xbee pro S2b

getting RSSI from Xbee pro S2b

0 votes
I am trying to find RSSI values from Co-ordinator to different routers attached to it. I am using Xbee pro S2b modules.

My co-ordinator is attached to an Arduino due with Wireless sd shield. I am able to serial communicate with my co-ordinator using AT commands. When I send ND as an AT command it gives all the information of different routers attached to it on the network. But I don’t know how can I get the RSSI values from different Routers to the co-ordinator attached to my arduino board.

I know couple of ways like sending a DB command but that only gives the stored value on co-ordinator side of the very last hop. Other thing was connecting P0 pin to the pwm output of Arduino but I don't know what information that will give me.

My project asks me to get RSSI values from all the routers attached to co-ordinator to see how far away are they from the co-ordinator.

Thanks for your help.
asked Jul 2, 2015 in DigiMesh Proprietary Mesh Networking by anujsanghavi New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
You need to effectively have a processor connected to each radio. Then do a 1 hop broadcast to the loop back cluster ID from each node. Then send the results of that test back to your Main processor.
answered Sep 3, 2015 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (12,001 points)