Home/Support/Support Forum/Access to Digi Connect WAN 3G over Mobile network IMPOSSIBLE - how to fix it?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Access to Digi Connect WAN 3G over Mobile network IMPOSSIBLE - how to fix it?

0 votes
Hi everyone,

I am struggling to connect to the Web Interface of several Digis Connect WAN 3Gs over the mobile network.

The devices are online, have a public mobile IP adress and respond to SMS commands. Service status tells me that all services for the Web interface should be running (unless I missed something).

Yet, accessing the Digis fails and results in time-out.

Any idea how I can get the Web Interface back running?

Is there maybe some firewall setting blocking me? How could I check or change this?

Thanks a lot!
asked Jul 8, 2015 in Digi Connect Cellular by foxpwn New to the Community (3 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

4 Answers

0 votes
Maybe the type of data plan is the problem? Do you know if it's "mobile originated" (outbound only) or "mobile terminated" (bi-directional)?
answered Jul 8, 2015 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,673 points)
0 votes
Hey, thanks a lot for you answer. I am not super familiar with the Digis, so how could I check what you suggest?
answered Jul 9, 2015 by foxpwn New to the Community (3 points)
0 votes
Some update on the issue:

I am able to connect to the web interface using another Digi for internet access. So when I am using a mobile network internet access I can connect to the Digis in question, but when I am using my office based internet I cannot.

Again: this issue only holds for some of my Digis, the most of them I can access regularly from my office computer.
answered Jul 9, 2015 by foxpwn New to the Community (3 points)
0 votes
It sounds like this issue is related to the mobile provider and the mobile plan, not the Digi device(s). My best suggestion at this point is to contact the mobile provider(s), give them the serial numbers (IMEI/MEID/ESN, whatever they need) of the devices in question, and information about any SIM cards if you're using any, and have them tell you what (if any) limitations the serial numbers / SIM cards have, for example outbound only, bi-directional, can they only talk to other devices on the same (mobile provider) network, etc.
answered Jul 17, 2015 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,673 points)