Home/Support/Support Forum/problems migrating 802.15.14 to zigbee

problems migrating 802.15.14 to zigbee

0 votes
Hi:
I am trying to migrate from 802.15.14 to zigbee. But still i cant find one way to setup the zigbee network.
1)My actual topology is as follow:
-base (coordinator)
-module 1
-module 2
-module 8 ( i need grow up to 15)

2)All modules and base are configurated in trasparent mode@115200 baud.
each modules transmit 100 bytes 5 times each secconds.
The base transmit sometimes 10 bytes in mode broadcast.
The modules are 100% mobiles
At least 8 times in a period of 3 hours the modules go away, and the connection is lost (out of range) during 3-15 minutes. The module never know if is out of range, and cannot be user operated.
3)Sometimes the modules are powered up before coordinator.
4)This work perfectly on XBEEpro S1, the coordinator receive all data, and if one (or more) packet fail the system continue as soon the modules moves near of the coordinator
Because i need modules more smaller i need switch to XBEEpro S2C ( SMT ) that are only under zigbee protocol.
a)Mi first question is if zigbee is suitable to my topology:
A1) Is usual that modules are powered up before coordinator does. (remember the modules only have a power up/down button and cannot be handled after the first powerup).
A2) Modules go away some minutes and come back after some minutes.
A3)if the answer of A1/A2 is yes, this trigger the next question: is automatically the rejoin to the coordinator? If is not automatically the rejoin, how detect that connection lost and what steps/commands i need perform into the PIC to rejoin?
B) At this moment i am transmiting a data flow of 4000 bytes/seccond (adding the 8 modules data flow), zigbee can manage this data flow?

C)Can you help me to discover the appropriate start sequence? Now i have doing experiments with 2 modules connected to the same PC under linux, and a separation of 1meter ( 3 feet)

C.1)Coordinator:
+++OK
ATCE1
OK
ATSM0
OK
ATID 1234
OK
ATDH 0
OK
ATDL FFFF (broadcast)
OK
ATBD7
OK
ATSC
OK
ATAC
OK
ATCN
OK
C.2)Endpoint:
+++OK
ATID 1234
OK
ATDH 0
OK
ATDL 0 (to coordinator)
OK
ATAC
OK
ATCN

Doing C1 & C2 i didnt get communicacion, but sometimes after try all commands magically i get communication, so i think that some is missing.

Best Regards
Christian
asked Jul 16, 2015 in ZigBee Smart Energy Profile 1.1 by schlabs New to the Community (4 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
hmmm, no answer? no help?
answered Jul 31, 2015 by schlabs New to the Community (4 points)