Home/Support/Support Forum/Samples before transmision in XBee 900 HP

Samples before transmision in XBee 900 HP

0 votes
It's is possible to get X number of samples before data transmission using XBee 900HP ?
Because I read that is it possible in other XBee Firmwares like XBee 802.15.4
asked Aug 27, 2015 in DigiMesh Proprietary Mesh Networking by progloverfan New to the Community (17 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
Yes, the 900 HP does offer a Sample rate setting (IR) that can be used. But it does not offer the ability to send after so many samples like the 802.15.4 does.
answered Aug 31, 2015 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (13,680 points)
selected Sep 3, 2015 by progloverfan
Thanks.
I'm implementing about 7 XBees that are physically near each other, in the same frequency channel. How XBee deal with data that are simultaneously sending for a sample rate of 32 Hz for example. Because these devices doesn't have a sync mechanism. They have some channel avoidance mechanism that will ensure that packets won't collide or get lost when simultaneous data are exchanging? or there is some command that I can configure to avoid this?
That would depend on the Configuraiton of the radios. First the radio will perform a clear channel assesment. If that passes, then it transmit the packet based off of the MT, RR , DL and DH values.  If it is a broadcast packet, then it is sent MT+1 times in rappid scucession.  If RR is enabled and it is a Unicast transmittion, then it is sent RR+1 times or until the ACK is recieved.