Home/Support/Support Forum/Why can't 2 of my xbee S1 communicate with each other ?

Why can't 2 of my xbee S1 communicate with each other ?

0 votes
Hello guys , I have tried setting up my xbee to allow both of them to talk to each other . However when I use my laptop it can't communicate with each other but when I use my school desktop it can communicate with each other . Is there anything I must take note of? The same pan id was used. My laptop can't seems to track both xbee . Any answer would be appreciated.
Thanks
asked Sep 4, 2015 in IEEE 802.15.4 by Ilxbee New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
May I suggest restoring them to default configurations. In the default state, any XBee 802.15.4 module can communicate with any other in its default state in a Peer to peer configuration. That means that they simply need to be in range for them to communicate.
answered Sep 4, 2015 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (15,223 points)
hi mvut,
I tried using the default setting, it still can't communicate with each other. From what i know from my friend who tried using xbee and have successfully manage to let 2 xbee talk. We only need to change the ID, DH, DL, MY right?do correct me if i am wrong. As i am new to xbee.
Therefore
my first xbee i set it to ID:1704, DH:0, DL:1, MY: 0
2nd xbee, ID:1704, DH:0. DL:0. MY:1
For this setting i am able to see the communicating on a school desktop and not able to see the communication using my own laptop. I have tried my friend laptop and it still can't communicate.
So if you could help us, it would be a great help to me.
Thanks
0 votes
hi mvut,
I tried using the default setting, it still can't communicate with each other. From what i know from my friend who tried using xbee and have successfully manage to let 2 xbee talk. We only need to change the ID, DH, DL, MY right?do correct me if i am wrong. As i am new to xbee.
Therefore
my first xbee i set it to ID:1704, DH:0, DL:1, MY: 0
2nd xbee, ID:1704, DH:0. DL:0. MY:1
For this setting i am able to see the communicating on a school desktop and not able to see the communication using my own laptop. I have tried my friend laptop and it still can't communicate.
So if you could help us, it would be a great help to me.
Thanks
answered Sep 4, 2015 by Ilxbee New to the Community (1 point)
Sorry what do you mean by the driver and what sort of driver am i looking for?
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the Spark Fun Dongle have a USB port on it or connect to the computers USB port?
Hi mvut,
Sorry for the late reply , the dongle straight connect to the laptop through it usb, it kind of hard for me to explain, you csn Google xbee dongle and you will understand what I meant
Thanks !
i think the dongle have a USB port which will be straight plugged into the laptop
You need to install the USB drviers from that vendor before you can query the XBee modules or expect them to communicate.