Home/Support/Support Forum/NETOS 7.5 and C++ STL?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

NETOS 7.5 and C++ STL?

0 votes
Anyone know if its possible to use the C++ STL with NETOS 7.5 applications? The arm-elf-g++ version says its 4.2 which should have been way after this was included. Maybe I need to get an add-on package or something?
asked Oct 30, 2015 in NET+OS by marzahld New to the Community (5 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
did you try the C++ sample app? does it compile and work for you? What exactly fails?
answered Oct 30, 2015 by LeonidM Veteran of the Digi Community (3,203 points)
It's unable to find the stl list header
#include <list>
I selected c++ support when creating the project, but maybe I need something more to get to the stl Container classes.
I haven’t tried this and I’m not really familiar with C++, but apparently the problem is that the C++ features you want to use are obsolete.  See this web page:  https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/backwards.html.  I suggest you try the stuff suggested by this web page and see if it works.
The C++ sample app works fine, but this sample does not use the STL/generics library which lets you define resizable list, vector, array, etc.   These were an add on to the original C++ back in the late 90's I guess.  They are not outdated, and are very commonly used... maybe not so much in embedded development.
0 votes
I'm using C++ STL and it works fine. But do not use C++ exception handling (try...catch...) in conjunction with threads.
answered Nov 15, 2015 by phess New to the Community (2 points)