Home/Support/Support Forum/When in command mode (+++) is there a way to buffer incoming data - XTend 900

When in command mode (+++) is there a way to buffer incoming data - XTend 900

0 votes
Hey guys,

So I have two XTend modules hooked up with two separate computers, I have a constant stream of data being sent from one to the other. And i do not wish to lose any data being received.

I have a program running that goes into command mode on the receiving XTend, to retrieve the signal strength. I find that when i go into command mode any data that is sent from the transmitter is ignored or lost.

So my question is, is there a built in buffer to store that data until exiting command mode (ATCN)?

Thanks for the help!
asked Nov 4, 2015 in XTend by Jesstr New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Best answer
No there is not. As described on page 13 of the manual (http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90000958_G.pdf) The processor on the XTernd can only perform one function at a time. It is as simple as that.
answered Nov 4, 2015 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (11,300 points)
selected Nov 4, 2015 by Jesstr
Thanks! I was beating my head against a wall!
0 votes
Hello,

I have a question which is related to this one: the xTend Manual is not explicit about this:
In order to get into AT command mode, using "+++", do we have to respect guard time on Rx line as well, I mean, this guard time will be interrupted if a packet is sent to the radio or we just have to have silence on its Tx line?

Thanks,
Daniel
answered Nov 12, 2015 by dtvp New to the Community (1 point)