Home/Support/Support Forum/Zigbee network setup for transmission from End module to Coordinator via non polling router

Zigbee network setup for transmission from End module to Coordinator via non polling router

0 votes
I am trying to setup a cluster-tree with 3 xbee 865 (S8), with nodes configured as 1 - Coordinator (API mode) 1 - Standard Router (API mode) 1 - Non Routing Module

I want network to setup such that, Communication between the coordinator and the non-routing module always takes via standard router (even if the devices are kept in range.)

What steps must be carried out to setup such a network??

Can such a network be setup without micro-controller, using xctu software only?? what steps??

How do i ensure that the data transfer between the coordinator (to and fro) is done via router only??? (as all 3 are in the range, my attempts have resulted to transmission of data between the coordinator and the module directly, bypassing the router).
asked Nov 5, 2015 in DigiMesh Proprietary Mesh Networking by D.7 New to the Community (3 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

4 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer
You can't. A Digi Mesh network will always take the shortest way possible to get the data from Point A to point C.
answered Nov 6, 2015 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (15,413 points)
selected Nov 10, 2015 by D.7
0 votes
I thought in DigiMesh, there are only Routers. There is no Coordinator nor End-Device. How can you still make Coordinator? I'm a newbie and I'm confused.

Is this possible in DigiMesh:
1. Configure to have a Coordinator and Router.
2. Make Router joins the network.
3. Disable joining on the Coordinator to force any End-Device to join the network must join via Router only. That way, data transfer between Coordinator and End-Device must go through Router.
answered Dec 14, 2015 by tinatran New to the Community (40 points)
reshown Dec 9, 2016 by jeremym
0 votes
I thought in DigiMesh, there are only Routers. There is no Coordinator nor End-Device. How can you still make Coordinator? I'm a newbie and I'm confused.

Is this possible in DigiMesh:
1. Configure to have a Coordinator and Router.
2. Make Router joins the network.
3. Disable joining on the Coordinator to force any End-Device to join the network must join via Router only. That way, data transfer between Coordinator and End-Device must go through Router.
answered Dec 14, 2015 by tinatran New to the Community (40 points)
1. Yes it is possible. Using XCTU software. Configure 'CE' field.

2. If a module running digimesh protocol is used, the module automatically joins the network if the PAN-ID are same. (i have xbee 865. check the protocol of your module here: http://www.digi.com/lp/xbee)

3. Configure the module as 'non-routing coordinator'. This can be done using XCTU software, 'CE' field.
0 votes
1. Yes it is possible. Using XCTU software. Configure 'CE' field.

2. If a module running digimesh protocol is used, the module automatically joins the network if the PAN-ID are same. (i have xbee 865. check the protocol of your module here: http://www.digi.com/lp/xbee)

3. Configure the module as 'non-routing coordinator'. This can be done using XCTU software, 'CE' field.
answered Dec 16, 2015 by D.7 New to the Community (3 points)