Home/Support/Support Forum/Serial data sent through XBee Gateway does not display the equivalent (already base64 decoded) data in DataStream
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Serial data sent through XBee Gateway does not display the equivalent (already base64 decoded) data in DataStream

0 votes
My setup is as follows:

- 1 x XBee S2 connected to XBee gateway
(e.g. MAC: EE:EE:EE:EE:EE:EE:EE:EE)
- 1 x XBee gateway (ConnectPort X2e ZB) with its default python application running (called "xbgw-python")
(e.g. DEVICE_ID: 00000000-00000000-DDDDDDDD-DDDDDDDD)
- Device Cloud account with DataStream setup to receive data stream from the Xbee node
(e.g. 00000000-00000000-DDDDDDDD-DDDDDDDD/xbee.serialIn/[EE:EE:EE:EE:EE:EE:EE:EE]! )

The following is the part I am unable to figure out:

When I send serial data from my XBee S2 (by sending "Hello, world!<return>" in XCTU console for example), the data being displayed on the Device Cloud does not reflect the data I send. Instead it showed XBee AT commands such as "ATID\r " or "+\r" (instead of "Hello, world!<return>" string which was sent)

I thought that the "xbgw-python" application running inside the XBee gateway already handles the DataStream upload automatically. It is documented here: (http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/html/90001399/90001399_A/Files/programming.html , under "Store serial data in Device Cloud" section) that the Data you typed on XCTU should display the serial data encoded in base64 directly under "Data" column header section in a DataPoint.

When I conduct another test to send some serial data from XCTU through XBee gateway to the Cloud Kit Web Application, the serial data is displayed just fine.

What have I done wrongly here?

Thank you very much for your help in advance!
asked Nov 16, 2015 in Data Services by asding New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.