i'm having a strange problem with S8 DigiMesh 868MHz Xbee (XB8-DM, Function set: 865/868LP 80k, Firmware version: 8074, Hardware version: 2442) unit in API2 mode. The problem is with the UART interface. When two units are both connected by XCTU I have a normal connection and everything works as it should. The problem arises when I connect the radio to arduino. First let me point out it's I started with S2Pro 2.4GHz radio and I worked like a charm, so the software and arduino should be fine. But when switching to S8 I get a strange traffic on serial port. I've set up ScanaStudio logic analyzer to see the traffic and send a remote AT command (DB command as I want to get an RSSI reading). The problem is the Xbee doesn't wait for the command to end and immediately sends some data back, which is not in proper API frame. It starts whit 0x7E but the length that follows is incorrect 0xFF 0xF.
So to recap:
- S2 ZigBee 2.4GHz unit -> working as it should
- S8 DigiMesh (same Xbee adapter, same program, same arduino) as S2 unit:
- XB8-DM, Function set: 865/868LP 80k, Firmware version: 8074, Hardware version: 2442
- XCTU to XCTU -> working as it should
- Arduino serial to Xbee -> strange traffic
- XCTU to Xbee(1) -> Xbee(2) to arduino - Xbee(2) not forwarding data on serial port
Arduino is Teensy 3.1 and i'm using an Xbee library for communication with Xbee - https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_XBee.html
I tried: - changing adapters
- direct connection
- disable SPI interface, RTS pin
- sleep is set to normal(0) so always awake
and nothing works.
I only got it to work by removing the RX TX wire from arduino, add XBee to XCTU through USB, removing the USB cable reconnecting RX TX wire to arduino, while keeping the power on. In this case it works as it should, so the program and the library should not be the problem. But that is not an option as it stops working when reset.
Link to google photos album of ScanaStudio screenshoots: https://goo.gl/photos/7eMHpE3Wnq3Fi4dE9