Home/Support/Support Forum/Will it affect the existing network if another Co-ordinator powers up with same PAN ID?

Will it affect the existing network if another Co-ordinator powers up with same PAN ID?

0 votes
I have existing network of single Coordinator and 3 Routers of Xbee-S2 with default PAN (here =0)? But, I want to know whether any new Coordinator with default PAN(here =0) powers up within radio range of my network than will if affect my existing network? Do I have to change the PAN-ID to specific number so that my network can be secure?
asked Jan 7, 2016 in IEEE 802.15.4 by abhishekjp.ospl New to the Community (4 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
No, the new coordinator will choose a different 64 bit PAN ID than the existing network all on its own.
answered Jan 7, 2016 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (11,643 points)
Would the new Coordinator choose different 64 bit PAN ID itself? And I am asking would it affect the older network?
Yes, the new Coordinator will select a NEW and Different 64 bit PAN ID all on its own.
But I have connected new coordinator with XCTU. And checked the PAN-ID of new coordinator. But still it shows ID = 0. So how it is gonna change PAN Id?
The PAN ID I am referring to is the 64 bit Operating Pan ID or OP.  The ID command is a user settable 64 bit Initial PAN ID.