Home/Support/Support Forum/Power will not stay on - PortServer TS1
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Power will not stay on - PortServer TS1

0 votes
Hi!
We just purchased a hardened TS 1 - I've got a possible power issue.
When I connect the power (12Vdc 500ma), the PWR READY lights flash then go out and immediately the LINK ACT lights flash then go out - then there are no lights on. When I disconnect the power and reconnect, the same thing happens again. I thought it may be overcurrent protection so I tried a 9Vdc 300ma - same thing happens so I figured maybe it's undercurrent, so I tried a 13Vdc 1000ma and the same thing happened.
Could we have a defective unit? Or am I missing something??
It would be nice to get some real support on a brand new unit.
Thank you for any help!
Blaine
asked Jan 13, 2016 in Realport by blaineh New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

3 Answers

0 votes
According to the specifications, 12VDC 500mA should work:

http://www.digi.com/products/serial-servers/industrial-hardened-serial-servers/portservertshfamily#specifications

Are you using a Digi provided power supply?

It is possible the unit is defective, you should reach out to Digi Tech. Support to determine whether an RMA is needed.
answered Jan 14, 2016 by userid0 Veteran of the Digi Community (2,158 points)
0 votes
Thanks for the reply! I wanted to reach out to Digi tech support, but I can't find a link anywhere to ask a question without paying!
I am not using a digi power supply, but I have several extra supplies that fall within the rated vdc/current range and none seem to work.
Thanks again!
Blaine
answered Jan 14, 2016 by blaineh New to the Community (2 points)
0 votes
Ah ha! Just FYI - It's totally my bad. (I hate that saying) anyway - it takes almost 60 seconds for the port server to boot up. If I had had an Ethernet cable plugged in during power-up, I would of seen activity. Without it, the power light will not come on until unit is fully active. I didn't find this in the documentation, so I apologize.
Thank you!
Blaine
answered Jan 14, 2016 by blaineh New to the Community (2 points)