Home/Support/Support Forum/Getting delays in XBee mesh network

Getting delays in XBee mesh network

0 votes
I constructed a simple network with 1 coordinator, 1 router and 1 end device(ED). I am sending some sensor values from ED to coordinator through router (I am forcing the ED to join router by switching off coord. after router first joins it, so that I can test without moving ED away from the range of coord.).
The problem is there is a delay at the coord. and the problem solves if I reset the Arduino that is interfaced to the coord. (I get no delays if coord. and ED talk directly but I want communication via router)
How can I solve this delay problem as I cannot always manually reset Arduino?
The ED continuously sends sensor values to coord. (with delay of 100ms between each value), so is it because I am switching on the coord. after ED and the delay is due to some buffer issue as values transmitted before coord. is switched on is buffered somewhere?
I am using zigbee AT mode with dest. addresses in ED and router as all 0 and leaving all other settings as default.
asked Mar 2, 2016 in DigiMesh Proprietary Mesh Networking by Saideep Chembuli New to the Community (0 points)
edited Mar 2, 2016 by Saideep Chembuli

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Why are you just not disabling Joining on the Coordinator after the router joins? You can do that by setting NJ to 0 after the router joins. You can even just simply set a known join time with the NJ command.

Both should resolve the issue and speed up your process.
answered Mar 7, 2016 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (12,006 points)