Home/Support/Support Forum/setup WR21 as secondary path to terminal server.
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

setup WR21 as secondary path to terminal server.

0 votes
I have a terminal server that has a primary circuit connection. I would like to add a WR21 as a secondary LTE connection in case the circuit fails. The terminal server has dual LANs so I do not need to change anything on the circuit to terminal server configuration. I have placed 10.50.0.14 on LAN1 of the WR21 and will place 10.50.0.l3 on the terminal server on the secondary LAN port. Can someone help me with the configuration? I can access the WR21 remotely via the Verizon public IP.
asked Mar 31, 2016 in Digi TransPort Cellular by curtis.stapleton New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi

if Verizon have given you a public IP address and the router is connected. you can connect to the router using any methord you do if it is connected to a local LAN

HTTP,HTTPS,SSH.TELNET,FTP

but if you have a public address you will need to use the firewall to block hackers and only allow access from know good address there is relecant informaion about this in the user guide

http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90001019.pdf

regards

James
answered Apr 1, 2016 by James.Wilson Veteran of the Digi Community (1,227 points)