Home/Support/Support Forum/XBee PRO 900HP freezes randomly

XBee PRO 900HP freezes randomly

0 votes
Hi all,

I am using XBee PRO 900HP S3B soldered to a custom board, connected via SPI. Each is configured as an end node, sending a 84-byte long broadcast once per second.
When testing with 3 boards, the 3 XBees start off OK until after anywhere between 5 and 30 minutes one of them freezes (MCU keeps working but XBee freezes). This is resolved only by resetting the module (by disconnecting power or bringing PIN 5 to GND). After reset they go on normally, until another module freezes - it can be the same one or a different one.
When there are only two modules they seem to run fine for a long time.
I have tested with about 10 different boards so it's not an issue of 3 specific devices.

Additional info:
FW version is 1074, the board is powered with 3V without a regulator. I am using Point-Multipoint. As I pointed out, XBees are connected via SPI and an interrupt is used to read out the data. Also, I am using a 4th XBee connected to a USB dongle and sending out data to a PC.

1. Could this issue be caused by unstable voltage?
2. Is using P2MP not suitable for several devices sending data one per second? Even without routers?
I could use some pointers on how to debug this issue.

Thanks!
Miri
asked Apr 3, 2016 in Multipoint Proprietary by Mirib New to the Community (0 points)
edited Apr 3, 2016 by Mirib

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Sounds like you may have a voltage issue. Try adding either a large cap and a voltage regulator.
answered Apr 4, 2016 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (11,302 points)