Home/Support/Support Forum/Xbee ZigBee Pro (S2C) with Anaren AIR ZigBee

Xbee ZigBee Pro (S2C) with Anaren AIR ZigBee

0 votes
I am working on a scenario where XBee ZigBee Pro (S2C) is a coordinator and Anaren AIR ZigBee (based on TI CC2530) modules are router/end devices

I am using

-Anaren AIR A2530E24A-LPZ module with MSP430G2

-Xbee ZigBee Pro (S2C) with Raspberry Pi

I was able to communicate between co-ordinator, router and end-devices of AIR A2530E24A-LPZ modules. Also can separately work with Xbee modules. Problem happens when I try to communicate between Xbee and AIR modules.

1. Does Xbee ZigBee Pro (S2C) support AIR A2530E24A-LPZ?

2. If I want to use Xbee was the coordinator and A2530E24A-LPZ modules as router/end devices, what network configurations I should be aware off? Channel? PAN ID? What else?
asked Apr 17, 2016 in RF Solutions and XBee by lilyhack New to the Community (4 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
I have never used an XBee with a AIR A2530E24A-LPZ so I don't know. But if you set the XBee ZS parameter to either 1 or 2, providing that the AIR A2530E24A-LPZ is functioning on a Zigbee 2006 or 2007 PRO Public profile they should be able to communicate.
answered Apr 18, 2016 by mvut Veteran of the Digi Community (15,156 points)
I just tried that, zs=1 or zs=2, setting xbee as the co-ordinator and AIR A2530E24A-LPZ as the End Device but didnt work.
That would indicated that the AIR 2530 device is not using a Zigbee public profile but a private profile.  Which means that you are not going to get the AIR device to associate with anyone else.