Home/Support/Support Forum/Snmp Manager is installed in Net+OS 7.5
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Snmp Manager is installed in Net+OS 7.5

0 votes
Is it possible to run the snmp manager snmpv3application on NET+OS 7.5 ?

One of our client is using NET+OS7.5 version and always getting snmpv3 security related error message.

I am waiting for your response.

Thanks in Advance.
asked Apr 18, 2016 in Digi Connect Cellular by prathika New to the Community (0 points)
edited Apr 18, 2016 by prathika

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Can you be more specific about what security errors you are getting?
There is a white paper written about how to implement security for snmpv3 on Digi's website, see link below:

http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/snmpv3_security.pdf
answered Apr 19, 2016 by Campbell Veteran of the Digi Community (683 points)
Thank you campbell.
My client is using the Panduit gateway (Model EPA126) running a new version of firmware. The gateway runs an SNMP agent on NET OS.

But always getting "Decryption error" message. This was generated from snmp agent while sending time sync packet itself. i.e., Snmp manager application sends the time sync packet is filled with engineID value , auth parameters,EB =0& ET =0 and privparamter=null. In this case, snmp agent performs the authentication and returns the Report Packet filled with EB and ET value. But SnmpAgent returns the encryption error to manager. Here packet does not contains priv paramters, but why agent try to decrypt the packet using priv parameters.
Please clear my doubts.