Home/Support/Support Forum/I can no longer remotley control my device which connected to TS Mei after rebooting (power cycling)
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

I can no longer remotley control my device which connected to TS Mei after rebooting (power cycling)

0 votes
Hi,

I connected three devices to the Digi (Portserver TS Mei) serial ports and everything were working fine till I rebooted (power cycled) the DigiPort.

After rebooting, I can no longer communicate with the connected devices through Digiport.

In the log file of the digiport shows some response when I send some signals to the connected devices. I can see that the signal sends correctly, but the devices do not react as they should.
For example, when I send a signal through the digiport to power off the connected device. I can see by the log file that the signal sends to the right place but I got no effect on the device. The device continue on....

I got through the command reference manual and test different things but got no where.
Could you please recommend me a set of commands that I can test to get it working again?

I want also to add here that I got response when I ping to the ip address of the DigiPort.

Regards
asked May 18, 2016 in Portserver TS by jony541 New to the Community (0 points)
edited May 18, 2016 by jony541

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
You might want to run a loopback test on the serial ports:

http://knowledge.digi.com/articles/Knowledge_Base_Article/HOW-TO-Loopback-Test-Portserver-or-Digi-One-family-Device-or-Terminal-Server-products-through-the-CLI-using-Connect
answered May 19, 2016 by userid0 Veteran of the Digi Community (2,156 points)