Home/Support/Support Forum/How can we send a reboot command from a mobile device - WR11?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

How can we send a reboot command from a mobile device - WR11?

0 votes
We are trying to send a reboot, or any, command to our WR11 from a mobile device. We have tried "reboot" and "modemstat info", both which work fine within the Remote Manager interface. We are able to send SMS messages out of the device using "sendsms" but unable to reply to that message with a command.

Is there anything specific that we need to do to make this work?
asked May 19, 2016 in Digi TransPort Cellular by chebert02 New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

4 Answers

0 votes
You're saying you want to be able to send a SMS from a phone for example to a WR11 to reboot it?
answered May 19, 2016 by jeremym Veteran of the Digi Community (1,673 points)
0 votes
Yes. I am hoping that is a possibility. Ultimately I am just hoping that we can use SMS to reboot all of our WR11s, ATT and Verizon.
answered May 19, 2016 by chebert02 New to the Community (1 point)
0 votes
hi

from the mobile you should be able to send the reboot command and see an assosiated message in the eventlog.

by default it will not work as you have to enable the mobile phone you are trying from to be in the callerid field or a "*" to allow any inbound messages.

The phone number should include the country code so for me it would start 44 xxxx yyyyyy

modemcc 0 sms_callerid / sms_callerid_1 // sms_callerid_9

regards

James
answered May 20, 2016 by James.Wilson Veteran of the Digi Community (1,225 points)
Where I see my new sms
0 votes
not sure if this works on WR11, here's a guide on how to setup router to accept command from SMS.

http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/QN_018_Configuring%20a%20Digi%20TransPort%20router%20to.pdf
answered May 20, 2016 by bzee New to the Community (4 points)