Home/Support/Support Forum/BL5S220 not booting from flash
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

BL5S220 not booting from flash

0 votes
Can anyone explain this for a new user of a BL5S220 SBC.
To check my new board, I ran a simple routine to pulse the STAT pin. All OK when run in ram. Compiled to flash, disconnected programmer and reboot. Still OK.Booted from flash.
Then loaded a slightly more advanced program - sent a "hello world" to a serial lcd on RS232 port F. Once again, all OK when run in ram, but failed to run when complied to flash, with program cable disconnected, then reboot. (Note: works when run from flash when cable still attached, just won't work from a reboot. ??)
Thanks all
asked Jun 19, 2016 in Rabbit Software by richardc New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello, I hope you are using the latest version of Dynamic C 10.72A?

Before creating the binary file,under Dynamic C 10.72A IDE options-->Project options-->Compiler,Choose Store Program in Flash, enable "Enable separate instruction and data spaces" Also select BL5S220 from Target less tab.
Now create the .bin file using Compile-->compile to .bin file--> then upload on to the module using Rabbit field utility application and test.

Thanks.
answered Jun 20, 2016 by cpigilam Veteran of the Digi Community (655 points)
Thanks for your help. Yes, I am using DC10.72A. I tried the RFU method using a bin file created as you described. It appeared to load OK in the RFU but still no boot to my program after reset.
Just a question: why is is necessary to compile a bin file and use the RFU, and not simply the "compile to flash" in the target option?
Problem simply fixed by an endless loop at end of "main"
while(1) {
}
Without that endless loop, main() will exit and the board will reboot.
Thanks for the explanation. I should have tried this a few days ago.