Home/Support/Support Forum/verify/read firmware writed into rabbit
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

verify/read firmware writed into rabbit

0 votes
Hi, I want to know if exist some way to read or verify the version/checksum of the (.bin) program writed into the rabbit (RCM3720)???

for example: for PIC microcontroller we can use a universal programmer, select the device family and read, so we knows the checksum of the firmware writed in the chip.

I want to know how do this...

thanks
asked Jul 7, 2016 in Rabbit Software by arponcedeleon New to the Community (1 point)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
This might provide a good starting point for code to accomplish your goal. I used it with an RCM2200 (and I believe RCM2260) back with Dynamic C 8.61.

The fs_checksum_x() function came from FS2.LIB. Note that it skips over the UserBlock which might be at the top of flash 1 (IIRC, the RCM2250/RCM2260 had two 256K flash chips).

This will only work on boards with parallel flash, where the entire flash space is mapped into physical memory. For Dynamic C 10.72, take a look at Samples/RemoteProgramUpdate/verify_firmware.c.
Code:
word getProgChecksum() { #define CHECK_BLOCK_SIZE 2048U unsigned long checkaddr, bytestogo; unsigned int checklen; FSchecksum checksum; checksum = 0; bytestogo = ( ((unsigned long) prog_param.HPA.aaa.a.base) << 12) + prog_param.HPA.aaa.a.addr; checkaddr = 0; while (bytestogo) { checklen = (bytestogo > CHECK_BLOCK_SIZE ? CHECK_BLOCK_SIZE : (unsigned int) bytestogo); fs_checksum_x(&checksum, checkaddr, checklen); checkaddr += checklen; // skip over userblock if (checkaddr == (0x40000 - MAX_USERBLOCK_SIZE)) checkaddr += MAX_USERBLOCK_SIZE; bytestogo -= checklen; } return checksum; }
answered Jul 7, 2016 by TomCollins Veteran of the Digi Community (1,209 points)
0 votes
Done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70xPzlNRIiU

Working fine.
answered Nov 26 by arponcedeleon New to the Community (1 point)
(sorry, accidentally flagged this message, it's a video demonstrating the code)
I cleared the flag Tom.  No worries!
Contact a Digi expert and get started today! Contact Us