Home/Support/Support Forum/Simple setup with 2 xbee problem (push button and LED )

Simple setup with 2 xbee problem (push button and LED )

0 votes
Hi ,

I have an electronic project which need 2 modules to communicate together , so I brought 2 Xbee PRO S2B (with 2 Xbee usb explorer) . I'm a beginer with Xbees .

I'm using the latest version of XCTU (v 6.3.1), and started to first try a simple setup , a push button on Xbee B pin D0 (Flashed as Router API) and a LED on Xbee A pin D0 (Flashed as an Coordinator API) .

I've setup on both Xbees the same PAN ID , I've set Xbee A pin D0 as "Digital Output , high/low" (tested both high or low),

I've set Xbee B pin D0 as "Digital input" and set IC Digital IO change detection on FFFF .

In terminal mode, when I push the button wired to Xbee B, Xbee A receive 2 frames "IO Data sample Rx Indicator" 1 one I press the button (high) and one when I release it (low).

The problem is Xbee A LED doesn't light (when D0 on Xbee A is set up with Digital out High , LED is always on and doesn't turn off when I press the button) .

What parameter I'm missing for my Xbee A to make him switch on the LED ?

Thanks to anyone that can help me !
asked Jul 20, 2016 in RF Solutions and XBee by pezed New to the Community (0 points)
edited Jul 20, 2016 by pezed

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
This feature is called "Line Passing". Unfortunately, XBee S2B module do not support it.

You need to acquire 802.15.4 modules (S1 or S2C) for this.

I guess, you are talking about this project:
http://examples.digi.com/2012/07/13/802-15-4-digital-input-with-a-button/
http://examples.digi.com/2012/07/13/802-15-4-digital-output-with-an-led/
answered Jul 28, 2016 by asgm Veteran of the Digi Community (1,497 points)
Can I use XBee S2C running on the ZigBee TH firware for the same application?
model I have is S2CTH
No, Zigbee modules don't support Line Passing feature.
Could you let me a way in which I could do the same project with the ones I have? please

Thanks