Home/Support/Support Forum/Does the WR11 XT have support for partial MAC filtering?
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

Does the WR11 XT have support for partial MAC filtering?

0 votes
It won't accept a partial mac (11:22:33) instead of a full MAC (11:22:33:44:55:66) in the web interface.
asked Sep 12, 2016 in Digi TransPort Cellular by tjohnson New to the Community (0 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
Hi

Where are you trying to filter mac addresses on a wr11 ?

if you are using the filter function of the analyiser you can use partials but you have to use ethernet source and with "~" with out ""

regards
James
answered Sep 13, 2016 by James.Wilson Veteran of the Digi Community (1,225 points)
Thanks for the reply James.

I'm trying to use the router's web interface under Network -> Ethernet -> MAC Filtering.

I'm confused by what you mean by with "~". Could you give me an example of what I should put in the add MAC field in the aforementioned section of the web interface? I'm trying to filter our any traffic that doesn't come from MAC beginning with 11:22:33.

-- Travis
0 votes
hi

the web interface will not let you add an entry that is not the normal mac address

but you can add a full address then once added you can then change the entry and apply it. else you can add it through the CLI command

macfilt 0 mac "6431502ccf02"
macfilt 1 mac "009c0219"

regards

James
answered Sep 14, 2016 by James.Wilson Veteran of the Digi Community (1,225 points)
Thanks James!