Home/Support/Support Forum/TFTP error: server unable to handle request
Welcome to Digi Forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.

TFTP error: server unable to handle request

0 votes
Hi, Just changed from PortServers to ConnectPort devices & TFTP does not work for Backup, Firmware etc. Works fine for PortServers on the same subnet etc. Error is "server unable to handle request. Tried different TFTP servers & applications as well.
asked Oct 4, 2016 in ConnectPort TS by xsuths New to the Community (2 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
I just tested this with a ConnectPort TS 16 device and the firmware, backup and restore all worked just fine using a tftp server in Linux.

I did see the error you reported when the permissions were not open on the file located on tftp server. I recommend confirming the tftp connections are not being blocked/firewalled and the file/directory permissions are open.
answered Oct 5, 2016 by userid0 Veteran of the Digi Community (2,158 points)
PortServer TS on the same subnet to the same TFTP server works fine, It's not being blocked by any firewalls, PortServer TS working OK confirms that & also any file/directory permission issues.
I've used the following Windows TFTP server applications all with the same results (Solarwinds,Cisco, Microsoft, OpenTFTPServer, SourceForge + others)
What flavour Linux & TFTP application do you use?
I used tftp-server on CentOS EL6.  What function are you trying to accomplish when you see this error (i.e. firmware update, backup or restore)?
Thanks - I'll stand up a server & test it out. TFTP fails on all 3, FW update, backup & restore on both a TS8 & TS16. I have wireshark captures now & will also use "set trace" on the ConnectPort.