Home/Support/Support Forum/How to see XBee data on a terminal program?

How to see XBee data on a terminal program?

0 votes
I have two XBee PRO S1 modules. One module is connected to an analog device, the other module is in a USB adapter. The modules are communicating, and I am receiving data, but the data is gibberish and keeps rapidly scrolling. I managed to enter "+++" and it responded with "OK", but I just keep getting the rapidly scrolling gibberish data, no matter what terminal program I use. How do I configure things so that I get a proper readout? And what would that readout be?
asked Oct 4, 2016 in IEEE 802.15.4 by tcostello New to the Community (0 points)
edited Oct 4, 2016 by tcostello

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
can we know the configuration of your module
answered Oct 4, 2016 by csreddy Seasoned Professional (194 points)
For the receiving radio: Sample rate 100, PMW0 = disabled, DL = 5678, MY = 1234, everything else is the default value or setting. For the transmitting radio: DL = 1234, MY = 5678, ADC = 2, sample rate = 100, everything else is the default value or setting. 
i think they might be problem with your setting there is no DL value like that can you please refer the following link for your problem: http://www.libelium.com/development/waspmote/documentation/x-ctu-tutorial/
I used that DL value for a test from a Digi article. The link you sent doesn't say anything about what the DL should be set at.