I have several Digi Xtend-PKG modules which are all showing up differently when I plug them into a Windows 7 computer. In the Device Manager, the units show up as:
- Under "Other devices", "USB Serial Port"
- Under "Ports", "Digi USB Serial Port (COM8)"
- Under "Ports", "USB Serial Port (COM3)"
For the two units that show up under "Ports", I've noticed significant differences in behaviour between the two drivers:
- The "Digi USB Serial Port" driver seems to buffer data, so if there is a steady stream of incoming data it will appear to my application in chunks.
- The "USB Serial Port" driver delivers data smoothly.
The unit which shows up under "Other devices" isn't even accessible, since it is not exposed as a COM port.
On my Windows 10 computer, the only one of the three which seems to be enumerated at all is the unit that shows up as "USB Serial Port" under "Ports" on Windows 7. This underscores my feeling that there is actually something wrong with the other two units.
I need to get all of these units enumerating properly under Windows 10, and ideally I'd like to have them all show up with the "USB Serial Port" driver on Windows 7, so that the data appears smoothly. How can I do this?